West Baton Rouge Community Center
749 North Jefferson Avenue
Port Allen, LA 70767
The Port Allen Community Center was originally opened in the mid 1930's. It has had many improvements over its history, it has since been renamed the West Baton Rouge Community Center. The surrounding grounds are bordered by 100-year-old oak trees presenting a picture-perfect location and is conveniently located next to the West Baton Rouge Parish Museum.
- Seating capacity 432 (without tables and chairs)
- Approximately 34 round tables (60") and 20 rectangle (3’x6’)
- Approximately 350 Banquet-style chairs
- Commercial kitchen
- Wet bar with ice maker
- Sound System
- Covered drive-thru entrance
- Covered outdoor cooking area
- Splash pad
- 2 Tennis courts
- You must be a West Baton Rouge Parish resident to book any of the centers owned and operated by the WBR Parks and Recreation.
- Proof of residency needed for booking: driver’s license, voter’s registration card or two bills with name and address of the person who is booking the event
- For weddings that are booked a year in advance, the individual booking the center must be the bride or the groom and/or the parents/grandparents of the bride or groom.
- Weekend Booking Fees: $250.00 due at the time of booking; Deposit Fee: $250.00 due 3 weeks before the date of the booked function.
- Weekday Booking Fee: $125.00, same deposit fee
- For weddings booked in advance before the book opening:
Booking and Deposit Fees: $500.00 due at the time of rental.
- Forms of Payment: Checks, Money Orders or Credit Card (3% convenience fee) only- NO CASH.
Pavilion General Information
The large covered pavilion is also available for booking. The pavilion includes a concession stand and restrooms. Along with the pavilion, there is access to the beautiful grounds and splash pad.
- Approximately 65 ft x 170 ft
- Built-in stage
- Concession stand
- Restrooms, separate from the center
- Basketball goals
- Fans and lighting
Booking Pricing for Pavilion
- Booking Fee: $75 (due at the time of booking)
- Deposit Fee: $100 (due at the time of booking); deposit is refundable if no damage or breach of contract